Just a reminder to those taking the music theory quizzes to be sure and check your answers by clicking on the "click HERE" portion of text below each exam. I am not able to individually respond to test-takers. No one sees your answers other than me (and I have no way of knowing who you are) and I can not respond individually, and I note quite a few of the answers are incorrect, so just this reminder. For an in-depth review of "relative minors", for example, read through those lessons on the Music Theory page.
Many thanks for those who are taking the tests.
Music theory enthusists may scroll all the way to the bottom of the Music Theory page to read about the "Neopolitan" chord. A discussion of the 1st inversion of this chord ( N 6th) is posted there.
Ricky Skaggs is selling a couple of his mandolins. These two are 1926 Gibson Ferns with consecutive serial numbers. It's amazing what value these mandolins have. They're appraised at $200,000.00 and he'll part with them for $165,000.00.
I would like to extend a special note of thanks to all those who are visiting this site from Egypt, Japan, Russia, The Netherlands and Denmark. Many thanks for your kindness and support. I am honored to learn of your appreciation for my musical compositions.
My dear friend, Paul Gibaldi, has a new DVD published. It's a slide presentation of his book "Spirit of the Adirondacks" and it's set to music from my "Namaste" opus. Paul will be presenting this show on Tuesday, July 13th in Lake George, NY, at the Adirondack Mountain Club headquarters at 7:00 p.m. and again at the Crandall Library in downtown Glens Falls, NY, at 7:00 p.m. on October 14th. He will also present this slide presentation of his beautiful photographs at the Adirondack Folk School in Lake Luzerne, NY on August 21st at 7:30 p.m. DVDs will be available at each of his presentations. Be sure and catch one of his shows....they are truly so memorable.
Paul's new book "Spirit of the Adirondacks, 2" will be published in the fall of this year. Such notable people as past Governor of NYS, George Pataki, and present Senator Elizabeth "Betty" Little, among others, have written endorsements about Paul and his book. I am sure looking forward to obtaining my copy!
Check out this link for a wonderful organization in the Adirondacks:
- My Latest Cinematic Compositions
- Musicians List
Bluegrass & Fiddling
- Bluegrass Pictures Page 17
- Bluegrass Pictures Page 16
- Bluegrass Pictures Page 15
- Bluegrass Pictures Page #14
- Bluegrass Pictures Page #13
- Bluegrass Pictures Page 12
- Bluegrass Pictures Page #11
- Bluegrass Pictures Page #10
- Bluegrass Pictures Page #9
- Bluegrass Pictures Page #8
- Bluegrass Country Pictures #7
- Bluegrass Country Pictures page #6
- Bluegrass Country Pictures page #5
- Bluegrass Country Pictures, Page #4
- Bluegrass Country Pictures, Page #3
- Bluegrass Country Pictures, Page #2
- Bluegrass Country Pictures #1
TN. People & Places
- Ralph Blizzard Museum
- Clancy Mullins Banjos
- Keith Williams, Fiddle Maker
- Michael E. Laws, Luthier
- Unicoi, Limestone Cove & Erwin >
- Sevierville, Pigeon Forge & Gatlinburg >
- Old Pilot Hill General Store
- An Evening with Jack Tottle
- On Boone Lake
- Ralph Stanley Museum
- Historic Carter Fold >
- Historic Jonesborough
- Roan Mountain
- Butler Days
- Crooked Road General Store
- Bluegrass on Broad
- Boones Creek Museum and Opry
- AR. People & Places